Since its inception, Performance Improvement Partners has worked with over 2,000 portfolio companies across a broad range of B2B and B2C categories. We fully understand the Private Equity business model relating to Exit Value and Shareholder Return. To that end we have two complimentary programs to ensure you and your Portfolio investment obtain value for every dollar invested in needed technology solutions and related upgrades.
The mission of PIP portfolio-wide services is to identify near term IT cost savings and high risk exposure. At member company’s request, PIP will perform a complimentary high level assessment and provide a concise written report of those areas most likely to offer potential cost savings and/or vulnerability. Areas of assessment include:
- Telecom Optimization – In our experience, most portfolio companies can achieve a 30% – 50% savings. In fact, the average savings in 2015 = 57%. The “found savings” achieves a high return to the portfolio company and the PE fund.
- Software Asset Management – +50% of companies have faced software audits within the past two years. True-up costs and fines post-audit are substantial. M & A activity is the number 1 trigger for a software license audit.
- Hardware Maintenance – Companies typically experience high cost OEM extended warranties; limited flexibility and service options. The annual cost for maintenance can be reduced by as much as 60%+ resulting in greater ROI as a result of extending IT lifecycles.
- Infrastructure Optimization – Many companies continue to leverage infrastructure strategies built years earlier, possibly when they were a much smaller company. The strategy of yesterday is not always the best approach moving forward. Significant optimization opportunities exist in capex and opex spend through on premise vs. cloud infrastructure management.
- Cybersecurity – Security Risk – 94% of organizations have encountered at least one cyber security incident in the past 12 months. The average cost to remediate is $649,000. Be prepared – Protect, Detect, React.
- Disaster Recovery – Limited/No Disaster Recovery Planning – Only 6 percent of companies suffering from a catastrophic data loss survive, 43 percent never reopen and 51 percent close within 2 years.
Portfolio Company Support Program
Portfolio Companies owned by PIP’s Private Equity Clients have complimentary access to experienced PIP project managers with decades of real world, C-level operating and information technology experience, who are ready, willing and able to transfer that knowledge to Portfolio Company IT managers.
- Obtaining timely feedback on your PC’s specific IT questions.
- Use of our team as a sounding board for internally-generated “what if” IT solutions.
- Receipt of bi-monthly newsletters, full of useful information on happenings in the IT industry.