Software Engineering is the “business-directed” application of market-proven principles, developer techniques, language selection and readily available tools and widgets that generate cost-effective software solutions with non-intensive maintenance requirements for Portfolio Companies in all phases of their life cycles.
As the lead or sole investor, one of the most important stewardship contributions you can make is to ensure your Portfolio Company’s software platform is “engineered” correctly. The difference between properly engineered software and make-do and/or “hot techy” solutions can have a disastrous effect on current EBITDA delivery and future exit value, regardless of the size of the company, or the industry in which it competes.
Our experience indicates more than 90% of software snafus fit into one of three basic problem areas:
- Obsolete Foundation – requiring a phased migration
- Unique Business Model – with a purposed customization solution
- Piecemeal Integration – necessitating a consolidated platform.
Depth of Services
- End to end software development
- Software consolidation/conversion
- Ongoing software product development
- Data management (ETL)
- Analytical reporting automation
- Product conceptualization through development, testing and implementation.
- Providing ongoing services to supplement the support needs of the organization, including platform migration to another language, resolution of redundant or piece-meal applications, and optimizing and streamlining complex applications.
Wherever appropriate, we utilize local and off-shore resources to bring our clients the best deliverables at a cost effective rate. US operations are staffed with experienced project leaders, application architects, project managers and software engineers/developers. Staff is augmented by highly skilled technical off-shore resources from Argentina, China, India, Israel and the Ukraine.